Friday 15 April 2016

Posts I liked (last week really...!)

http://theartofsimple.net/young-gray-hair/

I don't think I've got much/any grey hair just yet but I love this refreshing approach to greying. I've never coloured my hair and enjoy the fact that, for free, I get highlights in the summer and a darker head of hair in the winter. I intend to continue to let my hair go as nature intended as I age and embrace grey hair when it happens to me!


I've been realising my winter breastfeeding mum uniform is a nursing vest, blouse on top and skinny coloured trousers. It's so nice to not really think about my clothes and I'm gradually reducing my wardrobe, keep the odd outlier but sticking to my style formula. This article has a great pictorial description of the Duchess of Cambridge's style formula. Her particular style isn't practical for me but I aim to get my wardrobe based around categories like this too! 

The 'mum uniform'

http://proverbs31.org/devotions/devo/planning-funerals-that-wont-happen-today-2/ 

This article is fantastic. I have continued to hold worries deep in my heart particularly in relation to Daniel. I also fear my own premature death, not for my loss but for my boys. As Paul says in Philippians it is better to die and be with Christ but he sees the value in staying to teach the growing church. On a much lesser stage I feel such a strong need to be here for Daniel in particular and am so terrified of him/me dying. Yet by worrying I can add not one day to either of our lives. God already knows their number and I have felt a burden lift from my heart as I finished this article and realised He is in control and I cannot prolong any of our lives by worrying. 

http://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/5704/a-personal-statement-from-the-archbishop-of-canterbury 

I actually collated these links last weekend and never got round to writing a little paragraph for each link until now and already it's been days since I've seen anything about this in the news. A fascinating story, such wonderful grace and humility in the response of both the ABC and his mother, and fantastic acceptance among the public. No calls for resignation or nonsense from legalistic Christians that sometimes pops up with stories like this. I love the ABC and thank God for his witness and wonderful faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment